Northwest Florida’s unparalleled quality of life appeals to so many of those searching for their second home, vacation home, or investment property in the Southeast. The reasons that people decide to relocate to Northwest Florida are many, but the common thread amongst them all is something that has to be experienced to be appreciated. Renowned for its natural scenic beauty, Northwest Florida’s Emerald Coast takes respite in the beautiful turquoise waters and pristine sugar-white sand beaches that create the coveted coastal lifestyle unique to this area.
Offering more than a 26-mile stretch of virtually undisturbed sugar white sand, residents can count on being a short trip from the beaches and parks of South Walton County. Throughout these beachside communities are several pristine state parks that offer camping and hiking experiences along the scenic nature trails of Santa Rosa Beach, winding through the pristine preserves and offering a chance to see South Walton in its natural state.
State Parks of South Walton:
Henderson Beach State Park – Destin
- Parking, Camping, Picnic areas, Playground, Shower, Restrooms, Park Fee Required
17000 Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541
Topsail Hill Preserve State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
- Parking, 209 Campsites/Cabins, Pool, Playground, Equipment Rentals, Guided Tours, Picnic areas, Restrooms, Shower, Camping, Park Fee Required, RV spaces with full hook-up, laundry, Tram service available to the beach
Grayton Beach State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
- Parking, 89 Campsites/Cabins, Picnic areas, Restrooms, Shower, Boat Ramp, Park Fee Required
357 Main Park Road
Grayton Beach, FL 32459
Eden Gardens State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
- Parking, Guided Tours, Park Fee Required, Picnic areas, Restrooms
181 Eden Garden Road
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Point Washington State Forest – Santa Rosa Beach
- Camping Available, Park Fee Required, Picnic areas
5865 East U.S. Highway 98
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459
Deer Lake State Park – Santa Rosa Beach
- Parking, Park Fee Required, Picnic areas, Restrooms
6350 East County Highway 30A
WaterSound, FL 32459
Camp Helen State Park – Inlet Beach
- Parking, Picnic areas, Restrooms, Historic Site, Park Fee Required, Visitors Center
23937 Panama City Beach Parkway
Panama City Beach, FL 32413
Many of the parks of South Walton have playgrounds and sports facilities, as well as, walking trails, swimming holes, and boat ramps:
Cessna Landing at Hogtown Bayou – Santa Rosa Beach
• Parking, Picnic areas, Restrooms, Playground, Boat ramp
County Road 393 North – Cessna Landing is located on the left.
Helen McCall Park– Santa Rosa Beach
• Parking, Playground, Ball fields, Restrooms
Moll Drive South – follow road to the park.
Kellogg Bayfront Park – Santa Rosa Beach
• Boat ramp, Picnic area, Shower, Water fountain, Water spigot
Nellie Drive – off of Nursery Road
The fenced park area does not include vehicle parking, however you may facilitate the ramp area while unloading vessels. Parking is available just outside the fenced area. Boat access is not offered at the ramp.
Padgett Park – Santa Rosa Beach
• Parking, Playground, Picnic area, Restrooms, Splash pad, Community Center
J.D. Miller Road – Behind South Walton Courthouse Annex. Call the District 5 County commissioner’s office at (850) 231-2978 to reserve Community Center.
Fishing Pier on Lake Powell – Inlet Beach area
Lake Shore Drive off of Orange Street – north of Inlet Beach.
Legion Park – Miramar Beach
• Parking, playground, picnic area, restrooms, basketball court, shuffleboard court, boat ramp
South Ponce de Leon Drive – Legion Park is located at the end of the street.